Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Can't Sleep

My body is coursing with adrenalin. I can't sleep. I'm full of anxiety over today's vote. I just want it to be over. I want a new leadership. I'm still sick over the night I was watching the results eight years ago when Tom Brokaw and Tim Russert took Florida off the board from Gore. I knew right then that we were fucked. And I was right. I will feel far a less fucked feeling if McCain somehow eeks out this election simply because he is not Bush, but I want so bad to feel something more. I want to feel 'Hope'. I want to soak in it. I want to be witness to Martin Luther King's dream. I want to be a part of a movement to save our planet, even if it means paying more taxes or riding my bike more. I need the exercise anyway. Are you there, God? It's me, Jeff. Please let this all work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home