Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mike

I heard the news today and immediately felt a tingling sensation fill my entire body until it felt like little needles were shooting out of my scalp. Shortness of breath ensued. Mild shock set in. Then guilt. Had I failed him?  How is it that one day we've got the world by the tail, then the next it has us by ours?

I've kept journals most of my life. Thank god because my memory is shit. But I must have some crazy filing system deep inside my brain because the first journal I grabbed I found a passage I'd written about a memorable summer I'd spent with Mike. Summer of '88. Here is that passage. And in it, the memories I will forever hold in my resilient heart. 







Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a great summer. Wouldn't all of he jump at the opportunity to drop our plans for the upcoming summer if we could somhow spend it with Mike in a Gatorade van?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home