Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Getting Out Of Hand


A friend of mine ran into me last night while I was waiting for my son to finish his Poekoelon Martial Arts lesson. He was coming in for his session, which followed my boy's. He said to me, "Down 2 with a couple minutes left."

I didn't follow. 

"Who," I asked.

"The Blazers," he said, "We're playing at Cleveland! I couldn't watch the end because I needed to get in here."

To which I replied, "Well, you can rest assured that since you just gave me that update they will most certainly lose."

My son arrived and we walked to the car. I turned on the radio assuming it would be over by then. Instead, the overtime session had just begun. The announcers were optimistic for a minute, most likely because they must not have realized I had just tuned in. Lebron and his band of Cavaliers went on to easily put the Blazers away, keeping both their streak alive, and mine. 

Mr. Allen, now is the time to act. The Blazers playoff hopes rest in my radio dial and TV remote. I can guarantee you they will fall out of the playoff race if I were to simply listen to or watch the remaining games of the season. The Phoenix Suns would catch the young Blazers and soonafter their golf games would begin to improve. It is certain. Certain unless you would like me to stay far away. 

Heck with it. To prove my point, I'm going to watch as many Blazer games as I can the rest of the season. This will determine once and for all whether the Blazers control their own destiny, or I do. Currently, they are 5.5 games up on the Suns. I will keep a log of the games I watch and the games I don't, but my plan is to watch as many as I can the rest of the season. And if the Blazers make the playoffs, then I'll back off my negotiations for a contract NOT to watch. 

By the way, apologies to Travis Outlaw ahead of time. For some reason, my impact is most negative on him. If the last couple of months he goes into a deep slump, it's my fault.

If you want to contact me while there's still time, feel free. My email is jeffs@wk.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home