Sunday, March 22, 2009

There's Still Time

Ok, so the Blazers are 1-0 since I made my promise to watch the rest of their games this season. Lucky for everyone I forgot they had a game on Saturday night and didn't watch a second of it. I will continue to keep track of the rest of their games for the year, noting the ones I watch or listen to, and the ones I don't. Paul Allen, if you're out there, I want to reiterate that this is not malicious or vindictive. I don't want this curse of mine to be a reality. I would love disprove it by watching the young Blazers make the playoffs and advance far into the playoffs. But based on all the proof I've presented up to this point, I don't see that happening. You can still provide me a contract NOT to watch and I will give you a money back guarantee that the Blazers will make the playoffs. But without that contract, it's just not fair for me not to watch and be able to experience the thrill of possible victory. It is impossible to prove this control I have to anyone, and thus it should be fair for me to attempt(once again) to support my Blazers by watching and listening to them. I could take the high road and just not watch or listen, but that actually takes an inordinate amount of willpower. There needs to be something in this for me. Something for my sacrifice. 

By the way, I turned on the USA v Japan baseball game tonight just in time to kill a USA 8th inning rally and start one for Japan. Derek Jeter made an uncharacteristic error and Japan scored 3 runs to put the game out of reach and advance to the World Baseball Classic Final. I rise again. Sorry team.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home